05 January 2011

Chinese Themed Wedding Cake


It's our very first 3-tiered Chinese themed wedding cake.

The top tier is a 5" heart shaped cake decorated with small blossoms of orange, yellow, pink and white colours. Middle tier measures 8" in diameter and hand-drawn with edible food pen. Peonies in pink and Chinese characters which carry the meaning of "love 100 years" were put on, not forgetting the chop of blissfulness......

On the bottom tier, an adorable Chinese couple in red traditional wedding suits was added. The groom is kissing the lovely bride and the groom is holding a heart actually at the back. From this angle of shot, the groom seems shorter than the bride ya? I hope he doesn't mind, hehe......


This shot from the top allows us to view the shapes of the tiers clearly. I was pretty happy with the smoothness and sharp edges of fondant cover I managed to achieve. There are so many wedding cake ideas on my mind now, I wish I could be given more opportunities to make wedding cakes, :)

For the pictures, I should credit the sister of the groom who commissioned us the wedding cake. I finished the cake decoration just minutes before the event, I had no time to take any picture but to ask for the sister's help. It was so kind of her for accomplishing the job well. Thank you, Stephy!

I wish the couple love forever just like the statement that this special wedding cake has made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comment. ^.^