22 February 2011

Dad Is Fishing


It's Melanie's dad 60th birthday. I was commissioned a 2-tiered fishing and Nemo themed cake. Her dad loves fishing and gardening. After a few rounds of e-discussion with her, she decided to opt for the fishing theme. It was my task to make her dad 60th birthday cake into reality then. 


I had about a month long to think about the design. Besides the fishing dad, there would be 3 bunnies which represent the children to be included (requested by Melanie). Other than that, I would have to work on the details and how the bunnies were going to interrupt the dad, hehe......

It was really fun after the whole idea came into place. I just had to use my fingers to play the magic of sugar (fondant + gumpaste) then.

I love the colourful water world. Melanie kept asking me to make some fishes, especially Nemo. Oh, I love Nemo, surely no problem.



It was my pleasure to make this special cake for the dad's big day.  I was touched looking at the finished cake myself. How I wish my dad is still around......


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comment. ^.^