05 February 2011

Kungfu Panda Cake

I'm here to present the most challenging cake that I've ever commissioned ----- The Kungfu Panda Cake. It's a three tiered cake topped with a huge Kungfu Panda and other masters figurines, including the Shifu, the crane, the snake and the tigeress.

I was sent a picture of similar cake done by a reknowned cake artist from Australia, Lorinda in fact. My mission is to replicate the cake exactly. It's a great challenge though I never like to copy others cakes. I could include all the figurines but I would twist the outlook of the cake such that it wouldn't look like the twin of the original cake. It's a way to show my respect to  the creator too.

So, here're the panda, snake and Shifu. Besides Kungfu Panda, the rest of the figurines were handcrafted entirely with sugarpaste.

As the panda is quite huge and standing up on one leg, I needed to make sure it's steadily positioned. So, I tried to apply skill learned online from Planet Cake, carving styrofoam into the shape of the panda figure! Mom helped to carve it in fact as I was tied up with other task. Great job, mom!
The Shifu Master in action.

The tigeress with the birthday message painted on sugar leave. It means "My sweet heart, happy birthday" generally.
Hey, here it is, the all mighty Kungfu Panda! How cool he is!


Mom and I were really excited with the result, so as the commissioner, :) Thanks for her trust and compliment! Really appreciate it.


7 comments:

  1. GREAT !!!! FANTASTIC !!! :-)))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. the cake is fantastic! its very creative and unique in style. great job!cakes on line

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo…I love pandas. Here I bought a cuddly panda bag (L) that I can hardly put it down! I believe it is a GREAT find for every panda fanatic! hkpanda.freetzi. com

    ReplyDelete
  4. THanks for the lovely comments! Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the panda! :) what does it made from ? is it a sculpted cake too? or does it made from fondant? whatever it made from, u did a great job! love it so much! :) hope to do this kind of cake someday ...;)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comment. ^.^