28 November 2011

My Cousin's Chinese Themed Wedding Cake And Cupcakes


My cousin was getting married. Mom and I made her a set of Chinese themed wedding cake and cupcakes in red, pink and white. I was in a rush until I had no time to snap the picture of the wedding cake at home. Worse, I forgot to bring my camera. These pictures were taken by my brother.


The cake was 2-tiered (6" + 9") with a pair of Chinese wedding couple as topper.  There were 100 pieces of cupcakes with 3 designs, pink gumpaste roses, red fondant embossed 'xi' (means double happiness) and red heart on vanilla buttercream swirl.

I guess my brother was in a rush too while taking these pictures *grin*.


It was my first time watching my cake being cut at a cake-cutting session of a wedding ceremony.


My niece posing behind the cake.

Finally, I got a full picture of the cake clearly. Thanks lady for the sweet pose. 

Wish my cousin a blissful marriage and happiness forever.



2 comments:

  1. I love the cake! Where did you get the cake topper from? was it made of fondant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Yes, the cake topper was handcrafted with fondant (strengthened with tragacanth gum).

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comment. ^.^